I assume that all readers of this blog are probably book lovers. Here are my answers to a favorite book meme that has been floating around the internet for years:
1. One book that changed your life: A Canticle for Leibowitz. An extended meditation on History and the role of the Church in History disguised as a first rate science fiction novel.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Thucydides’ The Peloponnesian War.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Lord of the Flies.
4. One Book that Made You Laugh: Lest Darkness Fall by L. Sprague DeCamp. A hilarious time travel novel where the protagonist seeks to stop the conquest of Italy by Belisarius in the Sixth century.
5. One book that made you cry: The Bible when reading any of the Passion narratives.
6. One Book You Wish Had Been Written: Joshua, My Life and Times.
7. One Book You Wish Hadn’t Been Written: Das Kapital.
8. One Book You’ve Been Meaning to Read: The latest tomes in the Cambridge Ancient History series.